We know what it is like to paddle in the sea for the first time, to see the city skyline at night and to feel the sand between your toes. At YHA we believe that every young person should have the opportunity to travel to a new place, learn vital life skills and discover new environments.
We also know that for children and young people caring for disabled parents, coping with the loss of a parent or sibling, those without a home of their own or those facing relentless medical treatment, taking part in a YHA Summer Camp is something they just couldn’t imagine.
How we help
Our YHA Summer Camps Breaks programme aims to reach young people and provide them with life changing experiences. We focus on children and young people who would not be able to access a YHA Summer Camp programme without our support. Due to the generous support of those that raise funds and donate to YHA we are able to offer a limited amount of children 75% off their YHA Summer Camp place.
Who can apply for a YHA Break Programme?
Families on low income where the family is in receipt of tax credits or benefits can apply.
We also welcome applications from families where a child:
• Is disabled or has a life limiting or threatening condition
• Has experienced homelessness or is living in temporary accommodation
• Has experienced bereavement (either the loss of a parent or sibling)
• Is a young carer
• Is a sibling of a disabled child or a child who has a life limiting or threatening condition
We may need to contact you or a professional (this can be a teacher, support worker, or a health or social care worker) so please make them aware of your application. Without accurate and complete information we may not be able to process your application.
Terms and conditions
• The availability of all places, including the number of available breaks, locations and available dates is at the discretion of YHA
• YHA does not provide money or grants to other charities, trusts or organisations
• The child or young person must be 8 – 18 years old at the time of application
• The child must be a permanent resident of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland
• The child or young person must meet the qualifying criteria
• YHA Summer Camp Breaks are limited to one week at a selected camp
• YHA is unable to provide transport as part of the YHA Summer Camps package. You will be required to make your own travel arrangements to and from camp
• We will contact you after the summer camp to gain your feedback
• The YHA Breaks for Kids discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount
• YHA cannot reimburse groups, families or individuals for money that has already been spent or for breaks that have already taken place